Its not the size of the dog in the fight!

Its not the size of the dog in the fight!

Wednesday 27 August 2008

Finished and Used!

Here we have it, the finished machine. It has taken alot of hard work and alot of help to get to this point and as we all know by now, there is alot of work still to come. I have just done my first race weekend in nearly a year on a bike I had never riden and at a circuit I had only ever walked round,(Oulton park is now level pagging with Cadwell in my race track league)however the innitial signs of the way the bike works are very good to say the least, power wise it kept with the much bigger mono's on track, handling wise all worked well but it does need a proper suspension setup, reliability seems to be good. Over the next few months I will be getting base settings for the suspension sorted and hopefully create an easy to use folder of technical info to aid with setup for the various tracks that I will be racing at. Other than this I am hopeing that just routine maintenance and tlc is all that is needed to keep the bike on track, fingers crossed as usual.




















A big thanks to Dave bennett (number 54) for the rear sprocket, thanks to Mat Newall for being my pit crew for the weekend and again thanks to Mark at DBR Race Engineering for the parts that made it all come together.

Keep watching this blog as racing is now first and foremost and I will be putting updates of my progress on here soon.

No comments: