Its not the size of the dog in the fight!

Its not the size of the dog in the fight!

Friday 21 March 2008

Wow look! An Exhaust.





Now you all may have noticed that progress has been a little slow of late but here it is, the latest update to the CRF Supermono/450. It took a good 4 hours and alot of measure twice cut once but eventually it emerged all bleary-eyed and warm to the touch (from the welding you see) and it looks quite tidy I think. I have used a combination of componants for this particular mod but staying true to the original plan of using Honda parts I have managed to fabricate this exhaust using Honda 3 bolt flange and bends bought off the shelf. Cost wise the pipe work was less than £30 and I had a link pipe left over from a streetfighter Fireblade project so this was effectively 'buck shee', we like bargain modifications. Next on the list is to modify the severely oversized tank cover that arrived last week from Replicast. Now dont get me wrong the tank cover has been made to a very high standard and is even in Honda red but for some reason it's about the same size as my ZX6r tank which is far too big for my little race bike so the plan is to cut bits out to make it fit to the frame rather than hang over it and looking like it's for a different bike altogether. I will update pictures of the tank as I start the cutting, slashing, cutting, slashing haha, heeeaaars Jonny (music playing from psycho). woops sorry, its the voices, you here them too don't you?

No comments: