Its not the size of the dog in the fight!

Its not the size of the dog in the fight!

Monday 3 March 2008

Wheel Update.

I am sure you will all agree that when barreling through a project of any sort it is possible to focus so hard on the task in hand that you actually miss the easiest solution (wood for the trees, I think they call it). As you may have noticed I have had an issue with getting a standard rear wheel of the right proportions to fit the ever so narrow CRF swingarm, I was considering machining the wheel hub, machining the swingarm, bolting a CNC hub to a narrow 125 wheel....
Well, the fact is after giving my brain a couple of days to recover I suddenly had a "EUREKA" moment, I will just get a sprocket carrier made, that's it! easy as pie. I will update with photo's as soon as my race engineer has time to make the item, he agreed that this will be the most straight forward and simple solution, so fingers crossed! my bike could be sporting the Honda 6 spokes after all. TTFN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing your build - what front end and yokes have you got fitted?
What rear shock?

Ash said...

Cbr 600 rr3/4 forks and yokes.

Ash said...

stock rear shock shortend internally