Its not the size of the dog in the fight!

Its not the size of the dog in the fight!

Wednesday 26 March 2008

TANK UPDATE!











Right as you may have read on the previous post I bought a Tank Cover that was a bit,umm, shall we say different, so armed with my trusty grinder (my Dremel blew up) I set to work adapting the tank to fit better, lower and more like it was meant to be there.


As you can see in the pictures it was a not flowing with the frame.








Then after a bit of measuring, thinking, measuring and finally sod it!, I just attacked it, it started to look better straight away.




Note the gap between tank cover and radiator in the before and after picture.


Then came the cutting of the hole for the fuel cap, a steady hand and a keen eye is all that was needed. I took a deep breath and went for it with my hole cutter on my drill and it worked fine.

I will be locking the cap with an R-clip and lockwire set up.






















All thats left to do is the mounting brackets that hopefull should be straight forward, fingers crossed

No comments: