Its not the size of the dog in the fight!

Its not the size of the dog in the fight!

Monday 18 February 2008

Insight

Right, here is an idea that has come from America and it sounds like a good one to me.The basic thought was to produce a road race motorcycle from a four stroke moto-x bike, Sounds like a big project! I hear you say, but acctualy it is looking to be going quite smooth (at the moment). There is going to be running this year a uk series just for this type of machine and in America it is already running so I know that the theory works already, however, not one to follow the "norm" I have set about making my machine different in many ways so as to make it, hopefully, competitive in the "Buff British Supermono Championship". The restrictions within the supermono's are less, the bike must be single cylinder four stroke with a min weight of 95kg unless you have a 250cc then its 75kg, cc limit is 1300 and NO turbo's or superchargers. My aim is to get my machine as close to 90kg as possible and with tuning kept to a stage 2 cam, stainless valves, heavy duty conrod, port and polish and a slipper clutch I am hoping to make it very reliable.
One of the biggest differences between my build and those already done is that I will use 125cc size wheels and tyres, thus reducing rolling mass, giroscopic effect and drag?, there will be more benefits I expect but those are the ones I am aiming for at the moment.

No comments: